Link Lineup. 12.11.09
The start of this week’s link-y goodness has a gardening/farming theme. Hence my lovely cowbell photo. I’m somewhat of a farm girl myself and I love landscaping so it’s about time I made this a feature. Happy “digging!”
- Utensils made to look like gardening tools – how perfectly fitting. The designer, Vladimir Rachev, says: “Food is more and more produced in artificial environment. In [the] future we might need a reminder of the cultivation origins.”
- Simple but great “GrowYourOwn” seed packaging design – an easy way to become an amateur farmer.
- On a related note, wouldn’t it be fun to put some freshly cut flowers from your garden in a few of these rubber vases? No worries about knocking these over!
- Follow the doctor’s orders – make sure to track the apples you eat every day on this calendar. From the Etsy seller, VikDesign, “Keep it interesting. Try a Belle De Boskoop, a Newtown Pippin, how about a Peasgood Nonsuch, or maybe a Turley Winesap.” An odd idea but kind of a fun one.
- These typographic coasters are neat-o.
- More for my fellow type nerds – Garamond created out of powerlines.
- Some very cool photo experiments by Adam Voorhes – “exploded” objects.
- And check out this very minimalistic approach to the Nativity scene by Oliver Fabel. Haha.
That’s all for now! Have a fun weekend.